10 FUN (free/cheap) THINGS TO SEE/EAT/DO within walking distance of the
Creative Connection Conference in St. Paul, MN (Sept 15-17, 2001):
1. Come to our Pop-Up Art Gallery!
We (Jennifer Davis and Amy Rice) are hosting "Delightful 3: A Pop-Up Art Gallery" just one block away during the weekend of the conference.
Wed 9/14, 4-9pm
Thurs 9/15, 8am-6pm
Fri 9/16, 8am- 9pm, Reception 6-9pm
Saturday, September 17, 8am-6pm
(walking map from hotel here)
2. Get wacky at the Annual Meatloaf Supper and Street Dance.
immediately following the season opener of A Prairie Home Companion outside the Fitzgerald Theater. Sat 9/17 Event is Free, supper $5.
3. Have coffee, breakfast and enjoy the colorful sights at St. Paul Farmer's Market.
4. Rock out at Amsterdam Bar and Hall.
St. Paul's brand new live music venue.
There is a hootenanny on Thurs 9/16!
5. Relax and take a stroll through Mears Park.
This little city park is surrounded by restaurants.
6. Arriving Wed? Eat at the St. Paul Food Truck Court.
Food trucks line up on Kellogg Ave from 11:00am-1:30pm every Wed.
*#foodtruckcourt on Twitter for up to the minute details.
(right across the street> map)
7. Take a self-guided Public Art Tour
using this handy map of 85 sculptures and murals in Downtown St. Paul.
8. Grab some take-out and have a picnic in the middle of the river on Raspberry Island.
9. Visit the Science Museum of Minnesota.
See "Mummies" in the Omnitheater.
10. See the stars and skyline from the rooftop of our State Capitol.
Take a free Quadriga Starlight Tour.
What else would you like to do while you are here?
Post in the comments...